PDO Thread Treatment
PDO Thread Treatments present an excellent treatment option for combatting facial ageing, skin stress, and other related concerns. Our threads form part of an integrated support structure for the tissue of the face and body due to collagen synthesis, which biologically rejuvenates the quality of the skin and slows down the ageing process.
- Lift and reposition underlying aging tissue to form an integrated support structure and increases collagen synthesis to achieve a more youthful appearance.
- Improve skin laxity, reduces pore size and enhances overall skin tone.
- Based on the patient’s age and lifestyle, results can last from 1 – 2 years*
- Stimulates the hypodermis, naturally regenerating the production of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid, while also accelerating skin metabolism.
- Collagen regeneration accelerates over time improving the appearance of wrinkles and folds, enhancing elasticity, brightening the patient’s complexion and improving the appearance of aging skin.
- Improves blood and lymph circulation. The results are a significant improvement in the complexion and skin texture, providing a more relaxed, rested appearance.
- The implanted threads stimulate the macrophages, which can aid the natural healing process by reducing inflammation and triggering the immune system. Activation of lymph channels and circulation helps mobilize and eliminate fatty deposits.
*Results vary based on the patients’ age, lifestyle and other factors
WHAT IS A PDO THREAD TREATMENT?
There are many different Threads and several different Thread treatments. What makes our thread treatment different is the QUALITY. Our treatments use the highest quality CE marked PDO (Polydioxanone) Threads and are provided by individually trained practitioners. The treatments are designed for individual patients with individual concerns. The threads are placed in or just under the skin and stimulate the production of your own collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid. They also stimulate the development of new blood vessels and improve lymphatic drainage, giving way to better skin quality with a smoother, brighter appearance. The results start immediately and will continue to improve for 6-8 months, ultimately lasting up to 18 months.
The collagen produced will provide tension and firmness which will help tighten and lift the skin tissue. Elastin provides the kind of elasticity associated with youthful skin and the Hyaluronic Acid binds to water, giving enhanced hydration. This combination of effects results in an amazing rejuvenation to ageing skin and helps reverse and slow the ageing process.
Our PDO Thread Lifts have a powerful dual effect. The first is to give immediate tightening of the skin. The second is to stimulate the body’s own ability to generate Collagen, Elastin and Hyaluronic Acid (HA).
- Collagen is a protein responsible for the tension and firmness of skin
- Elastin is responsible for skin firmness and elasticity
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA) causes skin to rehydrate, stimulating Hyaluronic Acid (HA) production, results in improved skin moisture and the reduction in fine lines and wrinkles
What is a PDO Thread Treatment?
PDO (Polydioxanone) Threads enable an effective cosmetic technique that lifts and tightens sagging skin tissues by inducing collagen production. This lifting method involves the implantation of multiple, fine Polydioxanone (PDO) threads, into the subcutaneous layer of the skin, which creates a vectorial network that acts as support for the tissue. PDO Threads have been widely used in the medical field for over a decade.
Once implanted into the skin, the threads produce an immediate, visible lifting effect while also supporting natural collagen production. After the short (30-90 minute) procedure, your skin will feel rejuvenated, bringing vitality, elasticity, and a brighter complexion. The lifting effect is at its peak after six months via biological (enzymatic) absorption or hydrolysis, at which point the threads begin to be absorbed into the body, leaving new collagen in their place. I and II collagen.
WHAT IS PDO (POLYDIOXANONE)?
The threads we use for this astonishing new treatment are made of Polydioxanone (PDO), an extremely safe material used regularly in heart surgery which encourages cell cohesion. PDO is a re-absorbable sterile thread, obtained through the polymerization of p-dioxanone. PDO is safe to use and does not produce allergic reactions or skin rejection and does not produce any side effects. PDO produces fibrosis in the surrounding area, giving rise to the creation of type I and II collagen.
BOOK YOUR CONSULTATION
To book your consultation, call us today on 01858 288242