Our top 5 tips for winter skin that glows
This time of year is not a friend to your winter skin. The Christmas and New Year food, drink and late nights have taken their toll, skin is looking pale and palid. Then to add insult to injury, January and February come along, adding central heating and cold, windy weather to the mix. By now your skin may well be looking dull and tired and your summer holiday glow can feel a long time ago!
But all is not lost! If you look after your skin then you can look absolutely radiant. Follow our top five tips to ensure your skin sparkles this winter below – and remember that the winter, when your skin is pale, is the best time to try our IPL laser treatments, which can permanently banish thread veins and unwelcome facial hair!
1. Cleanse. Good girls take their make up off at night! Make sure you take off all your make up with a good quality cleansing lotion or milk, such as Darphin’s cleanser and toner – get rid of the dirt and let your skin feel alive!
2. Protect. Adding a serum under your moisturiser is a great way to add an extra layer of protection from the elements. As well as providing protection, our Darphin serums come in all different types suited to your skin: firming, anti-wrinkle, soothing and nourishing.
3. Moisturise. Only use a small amount even when your skin is very dry. Ladling the products on can cause sagging and dullness of the skin, and the skin only absorbs what it needs so you are wasting money by using too much! Good quality products will last you a really long time.
4. Drink water. We all know this is good for our skin, but it is especially important at this time of year. Too much caffeine and alcohol leads to dull skin and dark circles under the eyes, so try alternating alcoholic drinks with glasses of water. You’ll thank us for it in the morning!
5. Exercise. Fresh air and exercise will give your skin a healthy rosy glow. Why not head out for a walk with friends instead of sitting watching tv and eating yet more mince pies?
We would love to hear from you to discuss your winter skin worries, so give us a call on 01858 288242 to make an appointment to come in and see us.