Our top tips for avoiding facial redness
Everyone feels more cheerful when the sky is blue, but the heat from the sun can aggrevate all sorts of skin issues.
Rosacea is a imflammatory vascular disorder that causes facial flushing and redness. Sufferers can also have pimples and little lumps, and dilated capilaries.
- Avoid stress as much as possible as this can be a trigger
- Don’t take hot baths or showers, anything more than warm is too much, and try and stay out of direct sunlight
- Don’t eat too much spicy food or drink alcohol as these are known triggers
- Protect the skin from UV rays and free radicals with a good skin care product
- Moisturise and nourish the skin with gentle products and avoid harsh chemicals and exfoliation like the plague!
The first three points are for you to implement, but we can certainly help you with points 4 and 5. Skincare experts Darphin have produced a range of calming products to deal specifically with sensitivity and redness. There’s Intral Redness Relief Soothing Serum to calm, sooth and reduce redness; and then Soothing Cream, Recovery Cream and Recovery Balm to help with reaction, redness or irritation.
Darphin’s products are natural and the secret ingredient in their Sensitivity and Redness range is peony, which possesses unique anti-irritation and soothing properties.
If you’d like any advice on facial redness or general skincare, please call us on 0845 269 5301 or book in for a free consultation.