5 top tips for glowing winter skin
This time of year plays havoc with your skin. The central heating, cold weather, late nights and too much food and drink lead to dull and tired looking complexions. Don’t think that the answer lies in a bottle of fake tan: paler winter skin looks absolutely radiant if you treat it right. Follow these five top tips to ensure your skin sparkles in 2012:
1. Cleanse. Make sure you take off all your make up at night with a moisturising cleansing lotion or milk. Don’t use alcohol-based cleansers as they will dry your poor skin even more.
2. Protect. Adding a serum under your moisturiser is a great way to add an extra layer of protection from the elements. As well as providing protection, serums come in all different types suited to your skin: firming, anti-wrinkle, soothing and nourishing.
3. Moisturise. Only use a small amount even when your skin is very dry. Ladling the products on can cause sagging and dullness of the skin, and the skin only absorbs what it needs so you are wasting money by using too much!
4. Drink water. We all know this is good for our skin, but it is especially important at this time of year. Too much caffeine and alcohol (vodka and Diet Coke!) leads to dull skin and dark circles under the eyes, so try alternating alcoholic drinks with glasses of water.
5. Exercise. Fresh air and exercise will give your skin a healthy rosy glow. We’re not suggesting you hit the gym, but a walk around a local reservoir or park is just the thing to give you and your skin a boost.
If you need help choosing a cleanser, serum or moisturiser, please speak to us at Beauty Defined. We can offer you impartial advice on the products you are currently using, and explain more about our range of natural Darphin products.
We would love to hear from you to discuss your winter skin worries, so give us a ring on 0845 269 5301 or chat to us on Facebook.
Beauty Defined offers a complete portfolio of treatments including HD Brows, permanent make up, specialist waxing, Botox and fillers, facial peels, lash treatments and Darphin skin treatments. To find out more information about what we do, call 0845 269 5301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.